Reply to this topicStart new topic
> No Brainer
Jumpus GooDarus
post Sep 2 2010, 02:42 AM
Post #1

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

Looked ok outside this arvo so hooked up the goat around 3'ish & off we went for a squidlyBee & squidlyBum fish

On way to super sneaky favourite no 1 spot which can only be fished in a southerly, we came across alot of surface action Salmon & Kungy's feeding on baitballs but didn't bother with them.

They were about all arvo as well will wun bait ball only 30 meters away from where we were squiding.

Anyways peeps brained the Squiddy's tally was 33 between 2 of us in under 1 1/2 hrs & that's not including all the wuns we released & named Joe Garuffi's hysterical.gif

Prob with this spot is you're well protected from both wind & sea & just as well as I pulled the plug when I did cause wunce I left the protection I was gobsmacked how much the swell had risen & it was a velly slow trip back in the dark

DUCK FLUKKA eat your heart out no Micheal Jackson or white gloves on my goat, we were doing the Dinasaur again hysterical.gif hysterical.gif
Attached File(s)
Attached File  suids.jpg ( 60.15K ) Number of downloads: 34

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bafoo
post Sep 2 2010, 03:03 AM
Post #2

Jewfish

Group: Members

Member No.: 2,601

QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Sep 2 2010, 02:42 AM) *
Looked ok outside this arvo so hooked up the goat around 3'ish & off we went for a squidlyBee & squidlyBum fish

On way to super sneaky favourite no 1 spot which can only be fished in a southerly, we came across alot of surface action Salmon & Kungy's feeding on baitballs but didn't bother with them.

They were about all arvo as well will wun bait ball only 30 meters away from where we were squiding.

Anyways peeps brained the Squiddy's tally was 33 between 2 of us in under 1 1/2 hrs & that's not including all the wuns we released & named Joe Garuffi's hysterical.gif

Prob with this spot is you're well protected from both wind & sea & just as well as I pulled the plug when I did cause wunce I left the protection I was gobsmacked how much the swell had risen & it was a velly slow trip back in the dark

DUCK FLUKKA eat your heart out no Micheal Jackson or white gloves on my goat, we were doing the Dinasaur again hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

What a great haul of squid JG - you guys would have had a ball catching them.
I wouldhave kept some for a great feed and the rest for baits.
Did any one get inked?

Bafoo

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Sep 2 2010, 03:24 AM
Post #3

His Eminance

See what happens when you take caps lock off bafoo

You can actually log in & read the threads hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

Have been freezing the smaller ones to use as live dead bait & the big horses as strip bait

I'm not a big fish eater but love my squiddy's so eat the medium sized wuns

Did any one get inked?

You wouldn't kacked yourself if you'd been there

I stayed clean cause I know how to position the slippery wittle suckers, wun of the horses I got well I took aim with it the guy out with me was up front & I was curious whether I could pull off the ZOT of the century rolleyes.gif

Well I pulled it off & spent next 15 minutes pissing myself laughing

I have this rod blank with a hypolon grip up the thick end & use it to tap the squid on the back with, soon as they feel the black they squirt.

Anyways this Zot was classic cause squid was @ the transom & it's Zot Snot carried over the centre cab& Zotted the other guy & for sum reason the plick started called me all these Rude names whick I cannot repeat hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
catchnrelease
post Sep 2 2010, 06:05 AM
Post #4

*Bi Catch*

Member No.: 11

Is this super sneaky spot around Cronulla/Shark Island? wink_smile.gif

--------------------
DANCE!

+Quote Post
Fed
post Sep 2 2010, 03:57 PM
Post #5

*Mr Shiny Head*

Member No.: 7

You're a freak Jumpy, secret spot 'SM'?

--------------------

SEAFARER: Fine as a Fairy's Fart

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Sep 2 2010, 04:17 PM
Post #6

His Eminance

QUOTE (catchnrelease @ Sep 3 2010, 12:05 AM) *
Is this super sneaky spot around Cronulla/Shark Island? wink_smile.gif

Shark Isle has been very poor last week or so, did have a look there on wednesday for Zilch & that has been the case last 3 visits there.

I look @ wind direction b4 deciding where to look for squiddy's last wed I sus'd out a new area & found a real good patch of squiddy's beaut arvo & saw a great specticle.

Dolphins had come to within 10 meters of me just playing around the boat & they had what looked like a 2ft long shark which they were hurling into the air then catching it again this went on for 20 minutes or so, to bad I didn't have my SLR camera

You're a freak Jumpy

No I'm not
I'm just Special
hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fed
post Sep 2 2010, 04:21 PM
Post #7

*Mr Shiny Head*

Member No.: 7

I'm going to get me some of them squid, I've got some ZOT payback to do. mad.gif

--------------------

SEAFARER: Fine as a Fairy's Fart

+Quote Post
catchnrelease
post Sep 3 2010, 12:11 AM
Post #8

*Bi Catch*

QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Sep 3 2010, 10:17 AM) *
Shark Isle has been very poor last week or so, did have a look there on wednesday for Zilch & that has been the case last 3 visits there.

I look @ wind direction b4 deciding where to look for squiddy's last wed I sus'd out a new area & found a real good patch of squiddy's beaut arvo & saw a great specticle.

Dolphins had come to within 10 meters of me just playing around the boat & they had what looked like a 2ft long shark which they were hurling into the air then catching it again this went on for 20 minutes or so, to bad I didn't have my SLR camera

I think I know the place you're talking about. Can't say it's a 'secret' spot though, if it's the place I'm thinking about. Last time I went squidding there we pulled up about 16 or 17 squid between three of us in less than an hour. That was enough for us so we buggered off to catch stuff with fins. hysterical.gif

--------------------
DANCE!

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Sep 3 2010, 02:25 AM
Post #9

His Eminance

QUOTE (catchnrelease @ Sep 3 2010, 06:11 PM) *
I think I know the place you're talking about.

Bet ewe dont know

In fact I'd say you're around 9 nautical miles off hysterical.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
catchnrelease
post Sep 3 2010, 04:20 AM
Post #10

*Bi Catch*

QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Sep 3 2010, 08:25 PM) *
Bet ewe dont know

In fact I'd say you're around 9 nautical miles off hysterical.gif

Wow then I'm way off....

Hmmmm most likely you either went north or south.

Northwards you're around Malabar/Maroubra, which is has some prime squid territory in close. So I rekon your fishing somewhere around there. Maybe Long Bay or the cliffs along the southern edge of Maroubra Beach. Southwards you're around Wattamolla or even Garie Beach, so I doubt that. hmmmmmmmm SmellyFarTing.gif ph34r.gif

This post has been edited by catchnrelease: Sep 3 2010, 04:24 AM

--------------------
DANCE!

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Sep 3 2010, 02:57 PM
Post #11

His Eminance

I dont bother towing to the Hacking for squid allways out of Bot Bay wind direction determines if i head nth or sth.

If ewe use your noggin pick a nice day with no wind no need to take a rod tis a discovery exercise & go for walkies pick warious places up high on the cliffs & look down.

From up top ewe'll see what you cant when @ sea level in a boat.

All the weed/kelp area's which are likely to hold squid

Dont be shy to try deep water I've been doind alot better in 10 - 20 meters just have to use bigger jig 4 gram + & let it sink
Using 2 rods produces better results simply because by the time you've worked one rod in the other jig is down in the zone, no different when SP'n for reds in deeper water again use 2 rods

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Sep 5 2010, 02:25 AM
Post #12

His Eminance

Sucko ewe lot !

I know Spud is eating baby potatoes from the can for dinner hysterical.gif

Guess wot I'm having ????

Geez I'm a great cook they should have me on master chef squid is supreme

--------------------

+Quote Post
catchnrelease
post Sep 6 2010, 03:21 AM
Post #13

*Bi Catch*

We always do well around Cronulla/Shark Island/Merries Reef. Never really lets us down so we don't go anywhere else. But we were thinking of checking out some squid spots north of Botany whilst looking for new snapper spots.

--------------------
DANCE!

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Sep 11 2010, 01:29 AM
Post #14

His Eminance

Not worth starting a new thread 4 Tudays arvo's fushing

Got out of bed pretty early around 9.30 cause I wanted to fit the new lecky to the goat, by the time I'd sorted it all out twas around 1.30 & thought I'd go test it out.

Good to see the boys & girl in blue @ the ramp checking every boat had a bit of a chat with them & was off.

Generally ewe need to get up near molly pt to get an indication of swell out there 2day sum ting was different & sensed it alot earlier just as i came out of the 8 knot zone, looking across the bay all looked flat & misleading

ning nongs @ seabreeze got it totally wrong with there 1.2 meter swell. when I neared the green chanell marker off bare isle i put the motor in nutruel drfted on the swells just to see hight my sounder said the swell was bloody 3 meters inside the bay.

Being rollers I headed nth to my favoured squiddy spot knew swell would not come into my spot but a bloody dive boat was anchored there made life difficult.

En route to spot birds were working everywhere did take a few shots but they didn't show to much really need my other camera for shots like that.

Squid were very timid today & with good reason all around me were schools of salmon meters from the boat @ times these fish weren't feeding just casually swiming around on the surface.

Didn't take any spin gear so tried various lures on wun of the EGI rods to no availl kept feeling the jig hitting the salmon as I retrieved but none were takes goes to show how thick they were sounder was showing to - bottom.

Could've been cheeky & tied a jig on with trebles to jag them but couldn't be bothered, divers did tell me that there were schools of kungy's swiming around as well.

Did manage 3 squiddy's which i thought was a goodarus effort under those conditions did come back in b4 dark for a change hopefully tumollo will produce the goods out after the snappy toms been a couple of weks since i've fushed for them

--------------------

+Quote Post
boris
post Sep 11 2010, 03:57 AM
Post #15

Jewfish

Member No.: 737

QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Sep 11 2010, 07:29 PM) *
Not worth starting a new thread 4 Tudays arvo's fushing

Got out of bed pretty early around 9.30 cause I wanted to fit the new lecky to the goat, by the time I'd sorted it all out twas around 1.30 & thought I'd go test it out.

Good to see the boys & girl in blue @ the ramp checking every boat had a bit of a chat with them & was off.

Did manage 3 squiddy's which i thought was a goodarus effort under those conditions did come back in b4 dark for a change hopefully tumollo will produce the goods out after the snappy toms been a couple of weks since i've fushed for them

Good read Jumpus.
So how is your new lecky?

This post has been edited by boris: Sep 11 2010, 03:58 AM

--------------------
Boris

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Sep 11 2010, 04:11 AM
Post #16

His Eminance

I really like it, took 1/2 to get used to the electronic wireless control but after that twas velly easy

Everything is just a click no need to hold controls down

--------------------

+Quote Post
boris
post Sep 11 2010, 04:17 AM
Post #17

Jewfish

Member No.: 737

QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Sep 11 2010, 10:11 PM) *
I really like it, took 1/2 to get used to the electronic wireless control but after that twas velly easy

Everything is just a click no need to hold controls down

Is it too much dearer than the water sneaky thing?

--------------------
Boris

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Sep 12 2010, 01:02 AM
Post #18

His Eminance

Maybe to most boris but I got well looked after

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 01:07 AM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates