Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Suspension Upgrade
Spudly
post Sep 18 2007, 01:00 AM
Post #1

*FruitLoop* 53

Group: Donator

Member No.: 3

Anyone interested in doing a suspension upgrade on your veichle I would like to reccomend

Shane @ www.suspensionstuff.com.au

I Recently purchased a full kit to lift my landcrusier and give it more offroad capability.

After working in the industry for ARB I have always used there gear however it has become expensive and
some of the gear such as leaves are now made overseas.

Shane Will source the gear for you from differant companies to put together a great package and save you money.

My package included Lovels Coils, EFS Springs and Pro Comp Shocks and was Much cheaper than many other Kits and
I know that it is good gear.

If your after any gear check out his site.

I Should add that ordering over the Net, The gear arrived withing 3 days!

(Hope you dont mind this post Jumpy)

This post has been edited by Rum Dust N Ruckus: Sep 18 2007, 01:01 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Sep 18 2007, 01:10 AM
Post #2

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

Probally would'vesaved yourself a bit of work & expense

Esp with the springs as it dosen't take long for them to sag again

My 4wd is relatively new but the 1st thing I did to it was fit Poly Air Bags Dont think I'd like to tow without them they make a huge difference.

Again they save wear & tear on your shocks & springs

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Sep 18 2007, 01:18 AM
Post #3

*FruitLoop* 53

Jumpus, I have installed over 100 sets of poly air bags, Probably more, in all sorts of veichles.

They wear out and arnt cheap, and I have never seen a need for them, as a properly balanced trailer should not put weight on the towbar.

For load carring capacity I think its more important to have leaves that have been designed for it.

The leaves I have put in are a longer leaf, with a differant spring rate than original and a higher load carring ability as well as providing more articulation for offroading. They also have greasable shackles and replacment uBolts.

While the polys are a cheaper option for standard gear, for heavy loads I think your better off installnig better quality gear.

also shocks are important as standard gear does not take long to overheat with there small oil capacitys and small bore designs. Nitrogen or foam cell shocks in a large bore are a better shock if doing long or rough trips.

This does not suit everyone though, and like jumpy has said, if its only for the occasional trip to the ramp or extra bit of gear then the polyairs, may suit you, they are just not my thing.

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Sep 18 2007, 01:30 AM
Post #4

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

They wear out and arnt cheap, and I have never seen a need for them, as a properly balanced trailer should not put weight on the towbar.

For load carring capacity I think its more important to have leaves that have been designed for it.

Cant agree with you there Rumpy

Guess my new Navara is alot better tow vehicle than my old Jeep Cherokee but when I purchased the Jeep it was listed only 2nd to the Range Rover as far as tow vehicles go.

Personally I think was the biggest load of CRAP that I ever read.

I know very well that my trailer is well balanced after all I did build it complete with torsion bars & not full axles but even with all the good gear on that trailer with the Jeep it would still have probs pulling up & the prob was the suspension like I said beats me how that car was rated so highly.

I then had the Air Bags fitted & Oh Boy what a difference they made & not wanting to take any risk the 1st thing I did on the Navara was fit the Heavy Duty Air Bags wasn't going to wait for the springs to start sagging this time

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Sep 18 2007, 03:03 AM
Post #5

*FruitLoop* 53

Jeeps have got that typical lazy make ya sea sick suspension of all american cars.

Rovers have actually got the highest tow capacity of them all, not sure about the new ones but the defenders are still on top of the list, my dads actually runs dual coils in the rear as standard. Of course im talking 4x4s not trucks like the ford F series.

+Quote Post
SUMOFISHIN
post Sep 18 2007, 01:45 PM
Post #6

*The Manilla Gorilla*

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 13

The highest towing capacity in a 4WD is on the Chev or Holden SUBURBAN It also has 6.5litres of Diesel Grunt, but if you want to go places that other 4WD,s can't go there is a little company called BELL they make the greatest little HELICOPTERS

This post has been edited by SUMOFISHIN: Sep 18 2007, 01:46 PM

--------------------
I WANNA GO: FISHIN WITH SUMO.

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Sep 18 2007, 09:07 PM
Post #7

*FruitLoop* 53

yea, agreed sumo, i should have mentioned them in with the f trucks though as they are in a bigger class than your rovers cruisers and patrols.

+Quote Post
hustler57
post Oct 23 2007, 04:09 AM
Post #8

*LaVistaBaby*

Group: Members

Member No.: 22

this may be off topic but sumo have you ever tried to park a Holden SUBURBAN in a woolworths car park laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

to be fare i honestly think the rovers are the best for towing, and i guess if you have a decent size boat and want something that can pull it ok u cant go past the rover for towing plus a normal day to day vehicle, unless of course you are the financial backing to be able to have the suburban sitting there as just a tow vehicle, ( ohhh if only my dreams could come real ).

--------------------
............GLOBAL WARMING............

HIGHER SEA LEVELS

MORE FISHING SPOTS

BRING IT ON

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Oct 25 2007, 11:42 PM
Post #9

*FruitLoop* 53

DO NOT GET ME STARTED ON ROVERS!!

HAHAHAHA

Bloody Alloy peices of &%*^$^$#%$&%#$&%^$*^$*^$*&^$*^%$#%$#

used to do alot of work on em and i HATE them!

+Quote Post
poly
post Oct 26 2007, 01:01 AM
Post #10

the yack man

Member No.: 4

u know RUM i do like the look of the new ones, one of the blokes at work was saying that they are built by B.M.W. is there any trought to that. smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

--------------------
bugger it's sold,got meself a house instead

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Oct 26 2007, 02:47 PM
Post #11

*FruitLoop* 53

theyve been swapped between BMW and ford a couple of times, no doubt the quality of them is much better these days, but in terms of being a 4x4, way to many electrics and gizmos and they just arnt built to handle australia's outback.

Crusiers and Patrols are really the only ones that can handle the punishment...

Thus the reason that Mines and Farmers and industry uses toyota!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2024 - 06:56 AM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates