Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tyre's
poly
post Aug 9 2007, 12:53 AM
Post #1

the yack man

Group: Donator

Member No.: 4

need to put 4 new ones on my 4wd it is fitted with coopers at the moment and they are crap ok on sand but thats all, so any idea's will be welcome

--------------------
bugger it's sold,got meself a house instead

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Aug 9 2007, 01:41 AM
Post #2

*FruitLoop* 53

Member No.: 3

mate, after working on 4x4's for a long time ive learnt to stay away from coopers! never herad a good thing about them from people with them..

What style trye are you after? Highway, All Terrain, Mud Terrain

Mickey Thompson have some great tyres at the moment, The ATX and The MTX are Great allround tyres, and the MTZ I run are a very aggressive Mud terain.

BFG All terains are a tried and proven tyre and i beleive are being made in the US again after a few years of crap tyres in being made in asia somewhere,

+Quote Post
Smelly
post Aug 9 2007, 03:16 AM
Post #3

*GasMask*

Group: Members

Member No.: 26

Yep DITTO the BFG all terrains,got'em on me Paj.Pretty good tyre for the 'not so serious',a bit soft so they chew up a bit if ya giv'em hell,but do'nt wear too bad at all on the road.

SMELLY

--------------------
catch ya
SMELLY

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Aug 9 2007, 03:42 AM
Post #4

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

I ran KUMO's no relation to SUMO's laugh.gif

Back when I had the Jeep they were a pretty good all round tyre no probs with them @ all

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy

+Quote Post
SUMOFISHIN
post Aug 9 2007, 02:45 PM
Post #5

*The Manilla Gorilla*

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 13

I found the best value to be KUMO or HANKOOK as they are ok on the bitumen and brilliant on the MOUNTAIN Country, not a great milage performer as the rough terrain I gave them tore them up but great value for money and if you staked one you didn't CRY.

--------------------
I WANNA GO: FISHIN WITH SUMO.

+Quote Post
hustler57
post Aug 9 2007, 07:35 PM
Post #6

*LaVistaBaby*

Group: Members

Member No.: 22

hey fishos and hunters and fellow fourbies, on my 4wd i have basic all terain, which gets me every where i wanna go and then some, my tyres have never got me somewhere i didnt wanna go, if i go on the sand dunes like boat harbour or onto the dunes uop north i decrease the pressure in my tyres , but my mate who owns the patrol, he has 2 sets of tyres , 1 set for every day friving around the city but in his garage are a set of muddies they he can put on if he is heading to the dirt or sand , it only takes 20 mins to change 4 tyres

--------------------
............GLOBAL WARMING............

HIGHER SEA LEVELS

MORE FISHING SPOTS

BRING IT ON

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Aug 9 2007, 09:16 PM
Post #7

*FruitLoop* 53

Member No.: 3

It all comes down to how much offroading you are going to do..

And then what sort of offroad driving you are going to do..

If Sand, then an allterrain with lowered pressurs is fine, I personally prefer the BFG's and i think if you do alot of offroad is important to stick with quality so you dont wreck them and get caught out on a trip. The bfg's ar the most widly available tyre also.

If rock then a good rock tyre compound namly the Goodyear MTR (maximum traction radial, often mistaken to be mud terrains) is a great tyre

In the Mud, then Simex Centrepedes are unbeatable!!! However Pro Comp, Mickey Thompson MTZ's and the BFG Muds are good tyres..

Im A big fan of the MTZ's They are a GREAT Mud and rock tyre, with 8 ply sidewalls and have decent on road charactoristics!

You can always step up to IROC's or Swampers or Boggers or Baja's however these are offroad only tyres, designed to be run with beadlocks and at VERY low pressures.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2024 - 06:36 AM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates