> Almost There, Hide yer women ;-)
MartinF
post Mar 27 2008, 02:03 PM
Post #1

*Bunyip Man*

Group: Donator

Member No.: 2,565

Hey guys,

well time is really starting to move now.. I'm almost over in your part of the world.

My plane leaves here (well in Germany technically, but close enough) next Tuesday around 9pm and will be touching down in Sydney on Thursday the 3rd of April at 7am.

I guess I'll be in the Sydney area for between 1 and 2 weeks, depending on how long it takes me to get set up, find a car I like, etc. Although I want to move on fairly quickly, I do expect to spend around 3 weeks there again at the end of my trip. Oh while I'm on that note.. if you know of anyone who has a 60's or 70's series cruiser or similar (diesel) patrol for sale for a reasonable price, please let me know. Same goes for like a 3.5/3.75 tinny, pref something with high sides that can handle a bit of chop (NO POLY'S PLZ!! tongue.gif)

I really hope I get a chance to meet some of the people on here, for a fish or a drink. Looks like I'll be staying in the King's Cross area for the first couple of nights, after that I'll have to see what I do.

There is one downside to this and that is that I won't be able to be on here as much. I'll try to check in every now and again during my trip when I get internet somewhere and will drop you guys a note when I do. Also, you can check out my blog (url is in my siggy) to stay up to date with where I am.

I'll be hooking up with Jack for a fish the first weekend I'm over there.. don't have much of a choice really as he's got my reels biggrin.gif Guess it will be a trip on the hacking so maybe we can arrange to run into a couple of you hacking fishos?

Also for the retirees and general bums, I'd be more than happy to get together on one of the weekdays, not like I've got any set plans yet.

Anyway let me know if you've got time and want to hook up for whatever and I'll keep you guys posted about my plan.

--------------------
Flying Dutchman.. soon to be fishing my way around Oz. Check http://www.mytb.org/MartinNL for my blog and if you think I'm coming near where you live, let me know!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nimrod
post Mar 27 2008, 02:27 PM
Post #2

Marlin

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 1,004

QUOTE (MartinF @ Mar 28 2008, 09:03 AM) *
Hey guys,

well time is really starting to move now.. I'm almost over in your part of the world.

My plane leaves here (well in Germany technically, but close enough) next Tuesday around 9pm and will be touching down in Sydney on Thursday the 3rd of April at 7am.

I guess I'll be in the Sydney area for between 1 and 2 weeks, depending on how long it takes me to get set up, find a car I like, etc. Although I want to move on fairly quickly, I do expect to spend around 3 weeks there again at the end of my trip. Oh while I'm on that note.. if you know of anyone who has a 60's or 70's series cruiser or similar (diesel) patrol for sale for a reasonable price, please let me know. Same goes for like a 3.5/3.75 tinny, pref something with high sides that can handle a bit of chop (NO POLY'S PLZ!! tongue.gif)

I really hope I get a chance to meet some of the people on here, for a fish or a drink. Looks like I'll be staying in the King's Cross area for the first couple of nights, after that I'll have to see what I do.

There is one downside to this and that is that I won't be able to be on here as much. I'll try to check in every now and again during my trip when I get internet somewhere and will drop you guys a note when I do. Also, you can check out my blog (url is in my siggy) to stay up to date with where I am.

I'll be hooking up with Jack for a fish the first weekend I'm over there.. don't have much of a choice really as he's got my reels biggrin.gif Guess it will be a trip on the hacking so maybe we can arrange to run into a couple of you hacking fishos?

Also for the retirees and general bums, I'd be more than happy to get together on one of the weekdays, not like I've got any set plans yet.

Anyway let me know if you've got time and want to hook up for whatever and I'll keep you guys posted about my plan.

How long are you staying here and how much of our country do you intend to see?.
It takes 4 days to drive from one side to the other, so I hope you have enough time.
We should get all the Sydney guys together for a welcome and a drink.
We could even meet you at the airport, but that might be a bit hard on you to be fronted with us lot as soon as you get here.
Let me know if your interested and I will try and organise something.

Frank

--------------------
Frank

Keep it wet

+Quote Post
MartinF
post Mar 27 2008, 02:33 PM
Post #3

*Bunyip Man*

hey Frank.. I'll be there for 12 months at least, possibly up to 24 if I like it that much (which I reckon is a real risk)

I intend to see all of it.. well not really of course, but I do plan on doing the round trip counter clockwise with a quick trip up to Alice from Adelaide if I feel like it.

Mate I'm all for a get together, but being faced with you ugly buggers at 7am after 24hrs traveling will most likely result in a quick trip back to Holland, thank you very much biggrin.gif
But if we could get something going for Friday night I'd love that.. even if it's just a couple of you guys, maybe grab a bite and some beers or something, that would be awesome.

--------------------
Flying Dutchman.. soon to be fishing my way around Oz. Check http://www.mytb.org/MartinNL for my blog and if you think I'm coming near where you live, let me know!

+Quote Post
Bees Knees
post Mar 27 2008, 02:34 PM
Post #4

Twoeyesea

Group: Members

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE (nimrod @ Mar 28 2008, 09:27 AM) *
How long are you staying here and how much of our country do you intend to see?.
It takes 4 days to drive from one side to the other, so I hope you have enough time.
We should get all the Sydney guys together for a welcome and a drink.
We could even meet you at the airport, but that might be a bit hard on you to be fronted with us lot as soon as you get here.
Let me know if your interested and I will try and organise something.

Frank

We can meet him at the gate Frank and bring out the pom-poms hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

--------------------
Don't hate me, cause you ain't me... :)

+Quote Post
SUMOFISHIN
post Mar 27 2008, 02:47 PM
Post #5

*The Manilla Gorilla*

Member No.: 13

Martin,
When you're done in Sydney and heading North If you would like to Travel inland on the New England Hwy, You are welcome in Manilla, We have the largest region in Aus for inland Fishing with fish up to 100lb, and 50ks up the Mountain Trout Fishing can be Done at Jason's Place. all we have here is wide open spaces and Mountains with Lakes and Streams, and we have the Paragliding Capital of the WORLD.
Plenty of Free accommodation and Cheap Vehicles, Let us know how much you want to spend on a Vehicle and Boat.

--------------------
I WANNA GO: FISHIN WITH SUMO.

+Quote Post
MartinF
post Mar 27 2008, 03:06 PM
Post #6

*Bunyip Man*

hey sumo, thanks mate.. will have to have a look at that. Was going to head up north along to coast to Qld but no reason not to have a look inland as well. Actually paragliding sounds like a pretty good reason to visit, not to mention 100lb fish smile.gif

I'm a cheap backpacker type so I'm looking to spend up to around $6/7k for a fully decked out 4be, or less for just a car with no dual battery/roofrack/etc. I know that's not much by your standards but I've seen plenty of decent cars for that amount of money. Not expecting something that will get me anywhere without having to look after it, just a beaut old car that will get it done with a bit of TLC.

For the boat, well again, same rules apply.. doesn't have to look flash or be modern, just has to work. I think the absolute max is 2k but really would like to spend less than that. Again, not expecting to get the best of the best here.. just looking to get that extra bit of enjoyment out of the trip.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Mar 27 2008, 03:07 PM
Post #7

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

I think our women are safe

I talked to a few sheep the other day & they are velly restless upon hearing the news that yewe were arriving laugh.gif laugh.gif

But the Bunyip had a smile on his face hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy

+Quote Post
MartinF
post Mar 27 2008, 03:15 PM
Post #8

*Bunyip Man*

well jumpy you just better hide your sheep then hey.. once you go dutch you never go back hysterical.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Christos
post Mar 27 2008, 11:43 PM
Post #9

Kokino Vraka

Member No.: 220

QUOTE (MartinF @ Mar 28 2008, 10:15 AM) *
once you go dutch you never go back

Yes this is very true. You should be able to split the bills in Australia, we are happy to do that.

So always go dutch.

+Quote Post
MartinF
post Apr 1 2008, 02:57 AM
Post #10

*Bunyip Man*

ok guys, I'm about to hop in a car to Germany to catch my plane to Sydney.

Will report back when I get settled in sometime on Thursday.. cheers!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Christos
post Apr 1 2008, 03:20 AM
Post #11

Kokino Vraka

NOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

+Quote Post
It'l Do
post Apr 1 2008, 03:26 AM
Post #12

*Tooth Fairy*

Member No.: 2,553

For a get together someone needs to be the organiser. That person really only needs to know Martin's movements (and not his bodily one) to set a date and time.
Please don't take offence but Jack might be the man.

How about a get together one afternoon Saturday or Sunday. A nice pub/club by the water, e.g St George Motor Boat Club.

--------------------
Don't tell anybody but my name is Fushin Freddie
I don't exaggerate...I just remember BIG!

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Apr 1 2008, 03:46 AM
Post #13

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

I actually ran into Majed on the water today & no Bull you guys can ask him yourselves if you dont believe me.

Buggered if I know how he managed but Dave ate Majed's food I kid you's not & we were in seperate boats laugh.gif laugh.gif

Majed also asked about a getogether but you guys really SUCK

Last one I organised only Boris & myself bothered to show up

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy

+Quote Post
Christos
post Apr 1 2008, 03:55 AM
Post #14

Kokino Vraka

QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Apr 1 2008, 10:46 PM) *
I actually ran into Majed on the water today & no Bull you guys can ask him yourselves if you dont believe me.

Buggered if I know how he managed but Dave ate Majed's food I kid you's not & we were in seperate boats

Just waiting on Majed's fishing report. And if you are on the water fishing where is your report. Or is it that you might not have anything to say. That's it. We all know now.

Nothing to say. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
nimrod
post Apr 1 2008, 03:13 PM
Post #15

Marlin

QUOTE (It'l Do @ Apr 1 2008, 10:26 PM) *
For a get together someone needs to be the organiser. That person really only needs to know Martin's movements (and not his bodily one) to set a date and time.
Please don't take offence but Jack might be the man.

How about a get together one afternoon Saturday or Sunday. A nice pub/club by the water, e.g St George Motor Boat Club.

I'm all for that. Jack, how about arranging something so we can have a get together.
With a bit of luck, your backrest may be ready by then and I can deliver it at the same time, two birds with one stone.

Frank

--------------------
Frank

Keep it wet

+Quote Post
jack
post Apr 1 2008, 03:54 PM
Post #16

*Back Better*

Member No.: 2,560

QUOTE (nimrod @ Apr 2 2008, 10:13 AM) *
I'm all for that. Jack, how about arranging something so we can have a get together.
With a bit of luck, your backrest may be ready by then and I can deliver it at the same time, two birds with one stone.

Frank

As I do not know of his plans yet other than that I am taking him out boating/fishing on sunday (I have his reels) it is a bit hard to make a plan.

BUT....... let's keep next week sunday in mind I'll have a chat with him when he is here and take it from there.
As a barbeque is a bit difficult with the unpredictable weather I don't think that would be a good idea. Drinks at a waterside location such as St George Motor Boat Club would be good. But I have no idea if you need to be a member to get in, guess I can check it out.

Jack

--------------------

+Quote Post
nimrod
post Apr 1 2008, 05:03 PM
Post #17

Marlin

QUOTE (jack @ Apr 2 2008, 10:54 AM) *
As I do not know of his plans yet other than that I am taking him out boating/fishing on sunday (I have his reels) it is a bit hard to make a plan.

BUT....... let's keep next week sunday in mind I'll have a chat with him when he is here and take it from there.
As a barbeque is a bit difficult with the unpredictable weather I don't think that would be a good idea. Drinks at a waterside location such as St George Motor Boat Club would be good. But I have no idea if you need to be a member to get in, guess I can check it out.

Jack

I have a family thing on at the ZOO this sunday ( no comments ) but the following sunday would be OK for me.
Frank

--------------------
Frank

Keep it wet

+Quote Post
jack
post Apr 1 2008, 06:01 PM
Post #18

*Back Better*

Member No.: 2,560

QUOTE (nimrod @ Apr 2 2008, 12:03 PM) *
I have a family thing on at the ZOO this sunday ( no comments ) but the following sunday would be OK for me.
Frank

next one is the one I am talking about, so that's good

jack

--------------------

+Quote Post
MartinF
post Apr 1 2008, 07:18 PM
Post #19

*Bunyip Man*

hey guys, just a quick hello from Dubai. So far so good, but the worst is yet to come although by then I guess I'll be so knackered I'll just sleep through the whole flight.

I posted a quick story on my blog if you're interested.. have to do something when you're stuck here with 4 hours and no more room in your carry-on so you can't go shopping smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
CATCH22
post Apr 1 2008, 09:58 PM
Post #20

*Telescopic Stick*

Member No.: 8

QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Apr 1 2008, 10:46 PM) *

Buggered if I know how he managed but Dave ate Majed's food I kid you's not & we were in seperate boats laugh.gif laugh.gif

Last one I organised only Boris & myself bothered to show up

FOR GOT THE FOOD
GIULTY TRUE WAS HUNGRY ANY WAY JUMP OR MYSELF DIDNT PUT UP ANY REPORT FOR THERE WAS BUGGER ALL TO REPORT JUMPY GOT A BIT SICK JUST AS WE WERE GETTING A FEW GOOD BITS JUST IN SIDE THE HEADS BASTARD CANT HANDLE SWELL SO WE HEADED UNDER CAPTAIN COOKS BRIGDE CASLMER WATERS BUMPED IN TO MAJED AND HIS DAD ,FRIEND..THEY PUT US TO SHAME ..THEY CAUGHT 2 GOOD SIZE FLATIES BOTH OVER 50CM AND FEW GOOD SIZE BREAM ALL LEGAL SIZE ..THEY WERE JUST ON FIRE BUT WE WERE FEEDING THE FISH THEY WERE PULLING THEM UP VERY ANNOYING SAME WATERS 10FOOT APART BUT THEY CATCHING A 2 SUPOSED AUSTRALIAN CHAMPIONS LEFT HIGH AND DRY.........THATS WHY WE NEVER REPORTED VERY EMBARISSING ........................JUMPYS DUG A HOLE AND BURRIED HIM SELF........THATS MY REPORT ...MUST FINISH OFF WHAT A LOVELY KIND AND EASY GOING GUY MAJED IS ..REALLY WAS NICE TO HAVE MEET HIM ....

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th June 2024 - 05:16 AM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates